- Activities & Events
- Advocacy & Policy
- Latest News
- About MN-CCD
- Contact Us
- Read Our Blog
MN-CCD News and Information
Additionally, visit our “MN-CCD News” page for valuable updates from our member organizations, including recent media features, organizational announcements, and more.
Citizen Advocate Academy Advocacy Trainings
The Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance Citizen Advocate Academy (CAA) is partnering
with the Minnesota Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities to expand our Metro-based
advocacy training. Join us to develop your advocacy skills, understand the legislative
process and connect with policymakers in your community! Click on the link here for session details and registration information!
MN-CCD Annual Membership Meeting
October 16, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 (noon)
MN-CCD will be holding our Annual Fall Membership Meeting on Thursday, October 16th, from 10:00am-12:00pm at Goodwill Easter Seals, 553 Fairview Ave North, Saint Paul. Join us for an update on our 2015 Policy Campaigns, our Strategic Plan progress, the election of our new Board Members, and learn about great upcoming civic engagement events with the Grassroots Committee. The meeting agenda is available here.
The MN-CCD Nominations Committee presents the following slate of eight candidates to serve on the Board of Directors.
- • Christopher Bell, American Council of the Blind of Minnesota
• Marnie Falk, Director of Government Relations and Advocacy, Gillette Children’s Specialty Health Care
• David Hancox, Chief Operating Officer, Accra Care
• Gene Martinez, Senior Public Policy Advocate, The Arc Greater Twin Cities
• Susan McGeehan, State and Federal Agency Policy Manager, Medica
• Alicia Munson, Public Policy and Advocacy Associate, Opportunity Partners
• Scott Schifsky, Public Policy Advocate, The Arc Minnesota
• Nicholas Wilkie, Systems Advocate and Transition Specialist, Metro Center for Independent Living
Curious about the Roles and Responsibilities of serving as a Board Member? Our MN-CCD Board of Directors Job Description can be found HERE.
To read and receive timely legislative news, action alerts and information subscribe to the MN-CCD blog here.
Search the MN-CCD website